Diving Equipment Specialties
Inspiration Rebreather Accessories
and reliable, the
Inspiration rebreather is the most popular closed-circuit
rebreather in the world. However, the plastic case of the unit has a number
of drawbacks: servicing and inspection of the gas loop is needlessly
difficult, and the choice of cylinders and harnesses is severely limited.
The plastic case is also prone to breakage, does not permit the unit to
stand up on its own, and has no provision for accessory or bailout bottles,
canister batteries, and other items.
Diving Equipment Specialties offers a range of products
for the Inspiration rebreather. The standard Inspiration chassis below is
available now for $480. The old-design chassis
is available as a special order.
- The Aluminum Inspiration Chassis is a one-piece unit crafted from
5/16” aluminum that is molded to fit the Buddy Inspiration within it. The
Buddy Inspiration is securely bolted to the chassis at six points.
- When lifted by the carrying handle, the weight of the entire unit is
supported by the aluminum chassis. Holes for mounting the Inspiration
weight pouch are provided.
- The bolts for the backing plate are no longer loose. The chassis
through-bolt holes are threaded for 5/16” bolts, included with the unit.
- There is a provision for a 5½” bail-out bottle ( or other attachment )
within the bottom of the chassis, and another at the top.
- The chassis comes with two worm-drive high-torque hose clamps and an
assortment of fasteners to cover a number of installation options.
Finally, your Inspiration can stand on its own !
Copyright 2005 Diving Equipment Specialties